Sunday, June 8, 2008

Victor & Rolf adventures and in-house counterfeit



I joined the crowds for the Victor & Rolf sale in H&M, and actually I managed to get into the shop even though I had only arrived in-front of the shop at 9:30.


































Actually I was a bit embarrassed of myself joining the consumer-craze and my embarrassment became a bit bigger when I realized that the employees of H&M where standing on the stair-case photographing us the crowd as we got projectiled into the shop when the doors opened. Everybody seemed to just throw themselves at the goods and try to get what they could. I didn't notice any serious hamstering (Dutschlish) as I read about later in the media. I did hear people (read women) scream out loud because they had manage to obtain an item of desire (i.e. wedding-dress). I guess I must have got caught away by the mass-hysteria because eventually I also ended up leaving the shop with many more items than I had planned, and I don't even particularly like Victor & Rolf.
So of course after having sobered up and looking over my new possessions I decided I needed to get rid of them again, either because they where really not fitting, really not my style or just because I don't really appreciate neo-classistic fashion. So I eventually I sold off the items on Marktplaats all for the price I had originally payed. The remainder of what I didn't sell on Marktplaats I returned to the shop. H&M has a decent right of returning goods until one month after purchase. When returning it in the shop I overheard one sales-person says to the other sales-person; "hey but what are we going to do with this stuff now, when the hype is all over?"
I just thought, well guys that's your problem, and does it mean that by now it's not an as attractive piece of fashion anymore? Will nobody want it now, 1 month after the hyped introduction? Or has the quality/price ration decreased dramatically by now?
My adventures left me with just one piece of attractive fashion in my cupboard, a skirt that I bought by mistake thinking it was Victor & Rolf, but actually it was H&M Victor & Rolf styled look. An in-house counterfeit one could say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...